Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Digital Blog Post l- Chapter 12

For this chapter, I found topics that I both knew and didn't know.   The first was the Adoption Stage in technology that teachers have.  I can relate to this, as I use technology in class with my students, but I don't use it all of the time as I am still not comfortable with it.  I am slowly working on the idea of facilitating it more throughout lessons, but I am still old-fashioned I feel.

My next topic is the One-to-One Laptop Computing.  I wish this were something that funds could go to for my students.  They would benefit so much from being able to have the technology with them each day to access whenever they wanted and look for more information when it benefited them.

The last topic I chose that I enjoyed was the BYOD Programs.  My school has recently implemented this into classrooms, and while I enjoy the idea as I do the One-to-One Laptop Computing, I also feel that it can be distracting as students attempt to do more than just the assignment given by the teacher.

Below I created a Canva, which I am now considering to use to help make my brother's senior invitations.  It  had a lot of neat features that I can't wait to use for other things.




References

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. Canva is a fantastic tool - whether for school or not ... so hope you do continue to tap into your creativity and the tools available in the program. :) You will likely find all types of computer availability in your future classrooms, but you will also have the knowledge and skill to understand the power of such technology is worth 'fighting' for .... and even though BYOD comes with its own problems pleas remember that students distracted by technology are likely those distracted by other things, as well - so it is a classroom management issue more than it is a technology issue.

    ReplyDelete